Updated Feb 2021:
Good news! Due to the local infection rate decreasing, some of our parishes have now re-opened for public Masses or will be re-opening soon – please follow the links to the parishes below to find out more details eg whether you need to book a seat or can you simply turn up for Mass.
If you are not in a position to attend Mass at the moment you are still very warmly welcome to participate in services online – we are blessed that many of our churches are able to live-stream their Masses. Remember, there is currently no obligation to physically attend Mass at this time.
Looking to participate in Mass in the Avon Stour Pastoral Area?
There are several to choose from, either in person or online. Click on the links below for further details. Many of our parishes live-stream their Masses and those who do so are marked with a * below.
- Holy Redeemer, Highcliffe – newsletter
- * Immaculate Conception and St Joseph’s, Christchurch (includes music) – parish page
- * Our Lady of Sorrows and St Philip Benizi, Fordingbridge – newsletter
- * Our Lady Queen of Peace, Southbourne – YouTube page
- * Sacred heart and St Therese, Ringwood – newsletter
- * St Thomas More and Bournemouth Ordinariate, Iford – Facebook page
Alternatively, there’s an array of many other online Masses available outside of the Avon Stour Pastoral Area – here are some of them:
- Bishop Philip (Portsmouth Diocese) Daily Adoration, Morning Prayer and Mass
- Dominican Sisters at Sway in the New Forest: Mass and Daily Office
- Portsmouth Cathedral
- New Milton Parish Sunday Mass
- Holy Cross Eastleigh Daily Mass
- Bournemouth Oratory
- Royal Docks Church, London (main Masses include contemporary worship music)
- Our Lady of Walsingham :Daily Mass, Rosary and Daily Office
- Fr Denis McBride Sunday Mass (Redemptorist Publications)
- Full schedule of all churches using ChurchServicesTV
- Across the world any time of day
There’s also a special Liturgy for you to use at home when Mass cannot be celebrated publicly (from The Catholic Bishops)
If you are new to participating in online Masses here are some useful tips from our good friends, the Dominican Sisters of St Joseph based at St Dominic’s Priory in Sway, New Forest : How to participate in a live-streamed Mass
What is “Mass”…? Find out more using our ‘Come to the Feast’ resources
Other resources & events you might find useful at this time: